Welcome to Rutherglen Primary School
RUTHERGLEN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Our school offers education that challenges students to be part of a cooperative environment and to develop skills of interdependence and independence. Children are taught skills and strategies that will support their learning in future years. We focus on developing the values of
Responsibility Respect Integrity Empathy
with all members of the school community.
Helping us to develop PRIDE in who we are and what we do!
Our strategic plan’s key focus is on numeracy and literacy, however through our integrated and environmental studies we challenge our students to research, problem solve and seek solutions for a variety of issues, faced not only by students, but by the wider society.
We do this through:
- A wide variety of programs that challenge and engage all students.
- A school where community members co-exist in a respectful, safe and supportive environment.
- Programs that develop the self-esteem of students, recognises and rewards effort.
- A teaching and learning environment that values social, emotional and academic achievement.
- Equipping students with skills and strategies that enable them to face the challenge of a changing future.
- An environment that recognises the importance of parents and staff as partners in the education of our students.
- Collaborative and professional leadership.